Tickets for the 2017 Troy Hill House Tour are now on sale thru the day of, May 20th. For complete details, please visit the event page.
There’s lots to look forward to in April, but here’s a quick re-cap:
- Its Spring!
- Just look at those blooming trees and flower beds at the top of Rialto St. from last year’s Pittserves work day!! (pictured below)
- April 10th
- Re-launch of the Troy Hill Citizens newsletter.
- April 13th
- April 19th
- April 21st
- Extended deadline for Troy Hill House Tour entries.
- April 22nd
- Earth Day! Duh! But also…
- Pear and Pickle One Year Anniversary Party!
- April 29th
- Belated Earth Day Community Cleanup volunteer event.
- Odds are we missed something/many things/hopefully not all the things…but if we did, click HERE to tell us about it. Be sure to use the “General” Send To: drop-down when you do, along with a descriptive Subject. Thanks!
- As a general reminder, we’re a small, volunteer board, and we could always use help from some self-starting, motivated, energized, enthusiastic neighbors who are looking to take leadership or supporting roles in various projects. If that sounds like you, then drop us a line and we’ll get you started helping out! If you already have a project in mind (i.e. Dog Park!) that you’d like to manage, all the better. We’re here to help in any way we can, even if that’s just giving advice or assisting with funding and networking.
Hopefully you’ve noticed our April newsletter either thru email subscription or in print at one of the local businesses. If you haven’t the newsletter can be viewed at this link. We hope to maintain the newsletter on a quarterly basis (or monthly, if we find some good help!), so keep your eyes open for it in the future.
For now, if you’d like to subscribe, either by email or print, please send an email to the main THC email or give us a call. The same applies if you’re an individual, organization or local business with a story or announcement you’d like featured in the newsletter. We hope to have an email signup form up within the next week to streamline this process, so please bear with us! Thanks!
Zone 1 police officer Payton, Doug, Tim
Officer Payton gave a recap of recent crime activity in the neighborhood. There were a string of license plate thefts, and unfortunately some drug overdoses.
Tim spoke about street awareness, including always being aware of your surroundings and always having your keys ready when approaching your car or house. He also spoke about remembering to lock your car and to not have any visible items inside the car which would prompt a break in such as CDs, purses, bags and so on.
Doug gave a talk about on-line safety such as keeping an offline list of user accounts and passwords, password strength, using anti-virus software, computer backups, and avoiding scams and spam.
Explore the city’s new initiative, Burgh’s Eye View, and gain insight into 311s (non-emergency reporting), public safety, and building information (permits, violations, etc) in Troy Hill and beyond! Remember, if you see something, say something by submitting a 311 or messaging the Troy Hill Citizens Facebook. Thanks!
Rialto Street Preservation Project (Description)
2016 THC Board of Directors Election Results
- Brian Schimmel
- Ray Pietrone
- Tony Benvin
- Kasey Daly
The Troy Hill Citizens 2016 officers will be announced after the first Board of Directors meeting in January 2016
Tim Vernon and the North Side Sound System, the project that was funded by the recent The Sprout Fund One Northside Pgh Neighbor-to-Neighbor grant, will be have a demo and brief information session on the North Side Sound System, tomorrow night (12/9) at the Troy Hill Citizens General Meeting (7pm at MHN School Hall) – Tim and the North Side Sound system provided the audio and visual equipment for the inaugural Troy Hill Movie in the Park night back on October 17th. For further info, or to donate, visit the ioby link below.
Troy Hill Citizens December General Meeting
Wednesday December 9th @ 7PM
Held at the Most Holy Name School Hall (Tinsbury Street entrance)
Partial Agenda Items:
1) 2016 Board Elections
2) Holiday Lights for 2016 (info and strategy/project coordination in hopes we can have the utility pole Christmas lights operational for 2016)