1515 Tinsbury St. (Most Holy Name School Hall, Tinsbury St. entrance)
Blockwatch typically meets every third Wednesday from 7-8:30PM. The agenda of each meeting, as well as cancellation notices, may be found under the events calendar. Its mission is to build a safer, more connected neighborhood thru regular neighborhood meetings and safety education. Examples of previous meetings include:
- Guest Speakers
- Pittsburgh Police and Fire Departments
- 311 and 911 services
- Housing Department
- Animal Control
- Utility services (gas, electricity, water)
- City officials and representatives
- Identify theft prevention
- Computer safety (anti-virus, spam, file backups)
- Self defense and street awareness
- Non-emergency reporting tools (311, Burgh's Eye View)
North Side Sound System is a community service launched by Troy Hill resident Tim Vernon and sponsored by Ioby, Sprout Fund, and One Northside PGH, that makes high quality sound and projection equipment easily accessible to community groups, organizations, and individuals in Troy Hill and the surrounding North Side area. The equipment was provided to Troy Hill Citizens in order to facilitate neighborhood events, as well as to provide an additional means of fundraising for neighborhood events, projects, and services.
For rental inquires, please submit the contact form with Subject "Northside Sound Rental." The following conditions apply and are subject to change at any time:
- Includes all equipment and mandatory training session.
- Flat fee of $25/day.
- $100 security deposit. This may be waived on a case by case basis.
- Although the system is intended for Troy Hill and the North Side, it may be rented by anyone.
- Completion of the North Side Sound System Rental agreement.
- Renter is liable for any loss of property or damage incurred during rental period.
- Training and Support
- THC does not currently offer event support. A short training session (<1hr) is required for all first time rentals.
- ZXA1 powered subwoofer (1)
- 12'' Electro Voice ZLX P loudspeaker (2)
- Abdtech 130'' mini LED projector (1)
- Yamaha MG06 6 channel mixer (1)
- Shure SM58 microphone
- Large rugged duffle bag with speaker stands, XLR cables, and mic stands.
- Training and Support
Rebooted in April, 2017, the Troy Hill Chronicle is distributed on a bi-monthly basis to local businesses, organizations and public spaces, with an e-mail version automatically sent to all new and existing Troy Hill Citizens members. The latest newsletter is also provided at all Troy Hill Citizens general meetings, held quarterly.
The newsletter typically consists of a letter from the chair, a featured community project, a neighbor spotlight, trivia about the neighborhood, and an events listing.
Whether you're an individual, organization or business, if you have an event or announcement for the community please let us know and we'll try our best to include it in our newsletter. In the event we are unable to, given timing or printed space restrictions, we will make sure it is featured on our own website calendar of events.
To find previous editions of the newsletter, simply search "newsletter" from the News menu. Finally, if you'd like to subscribe to our printed newsletter, please email or call.