On October 21st, approximately 40 Pitt students joined members of the Troy Hill Citizens board and community volunteers for a fun, productive day of volunteering. This year marked the 10th anniversary of the PMADD program. Special thanks to the Pitt Students for their tireless work, Grow Pittsburgh for essential funding, Tree Pittsburgh for… trees : ), and Grace Lutheran Church for hosting the event. Major projects included:
- Litter pickup, weeding and tree pit maintenance
- Troy Hill Rd., Lowrie St., Rialto St., and various community parks and common areas.
- War monument plaza maintenance
- Rialto St. steps maintenance
- Grace Lutheran Church cleaning and organizing
- Lookout St. Community Garden tree planting.
- Elbow St. Community Garden maintenance and greenhouse shed construction
- Made possible by the financial support of Grow Pittsburgh’s Community Garden Sustainability Fund and in particular, the Big Tomatoes Award.